top of page
Stack of Books

Educational credential assessment (ECA)

What is an Education Credential Assessment(ECA)? 

An Educational credential assessment (ECA) is used to verify your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. 


Who needs an ECA?  

  • be eligible as the principal applicant for Federal Skilled Workers Program (Express Entry)

  • earn points for education you got outside Canada

Who can do your assessment?

You must get your assessment from an organization or a professional body designated by CIC. They will give you a report that tells you what your education is equal to in Canada.


You must use the organization from the list below:

bottom of page